Sales Rep – Residential Audio/Video – Security & Small Commercial (Job ID 010221)
SI ALARMS LTD. is looking for a Sales Representative to be responsible for generating leads and meeting sales goals. Duties will include sales consultation, presentations and demonstrations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential clients.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and also superb interpersonal skills.
- Generating leads.
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective clients.
- Conduct detailed field surveys for use in estimating and/or solution design
- Build quotes utilizing tools provided
- Helping determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Negotiating all contracts with prospective clients.
- Preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders.
- Maintaining client records.
- Answering client questions about credit terms, products, prices, and availability.
- Participate in Job kickoff meetings & ensure a proper handoff from sales to the service department
- Obtaining deposits and balance of payment from clients.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
- Experience in sales – Preferably in smart security field (CCTV, Access Control, Alarm…etc)
- Experience in Home Audio, Video & Automation considered an asset.
- Experience in telemarketing and generating new leads.
- Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Computer Systems & Networking
- Working knowledge of door locking hardware
- Working knowledge & understanding of electricity, specifically low voltage systems
- Ability to read & interpret electronic security specifications, perform equipment counts (take off’s).
- Identify cable requirements & distances, as well as calculate power load & battery calculations
- A valid driver’s license, without restrictions, is required for this position
Salary: Wage will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Full-time Salary & Commission
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Focus on Training & Development with a variety of virtual and hands on programs
- Use of a company cell phone & laptop